I just released Androidify, a script to move assets from iOS style naming to Android drawable folders.
Sometimes I do some UI work on Sketch or interact with designers who work with this tool. When it exports assets, it uses the iOS naming convention of adding @2x or @3x to the file name. It’s possible to add intermediate resolutions for export, and it creates a file with @1.5x in name, and, for higher resolutions, it uses @4x. These sizes correspond to Android mdpi to xxxhdpi sizes. There should be some plugin to export correctly for Android, but I was bored at home and decided to create a script for that.
One day, I was working at Movile and the designer hadn’t yet finished our Android assets, but he had finished working on the iOS design. To avoid being blocked I decided to use the iOS assets we already had (later it would be just a copy over to fix it) that were close enough to our Android UI. I remembered my script and used it.
A colleague was in the same situation and I showed him my scripted. He used it, I had to adjust some things (even in this small script there was a bug), it worked and I forgot about it. Then someday I was in the Recharging Area (our kitchen) when a designer thanked me for the script. She used it to simplify her workflow. That was when I realized this should be useful for more people, despite being extremely crude.
So, here it is, on GitHub, available to anyone.